Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cathedral Wash Hiking, at Page, Arizona

We decided to hike an area within Lee's Ferry Rec area called Cathedral Wash.
Like my little rock formation that I made? You see lots of these type of rock designs in the area as people like to make these along paths everywhere. Thought I'd make my contribution!




The views were awesome. The crevaces carved by rushing waters over the years were so beautiful.



Hiking these areas was sometimes near impossible. In the picture below, I was waiting for my friends to finish their hike as I was too timid to make the climb down to the lower wash.


Jeff, of course, continued on......He likes doing all the risky stuff!






Right near the end of the hike we looked up and saw this great arch right above our heads.











It was a beautiful day. One of the very few where we got to put a pair of shorts on. This was mid April.




See ya down the road!






No comments:

Post a Comment