Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sometimes life doesn't go as planned....

Most of my family and friends know what happened to me Mother's Day weekend of this year.

This is the culprit:


And these are the results:

First a hard-cast-like splint below -





Then the surgery on 7/30/12 which resulted in in a screw being placed in my scaphoid bone. (The ONE bone I am told that you should NEVER fracture as it is hard to see the fracture on an x-ray and even harder to heel!)  This is my beautiful bandage the day of surgery below -


Next after surgery and 2 months of physical therapy, I ended up with this Freddy Kruger stretching device -



Finally my therapist and the orthopedic surgeon dismissed me on 11/6/2012 and I only have to do my exercises at home, and use the brace for flexion and extension three times a day to keep my wrist tendons stretched out for another month.

I am about 90% now, but hopefully in 2-3 months I'll be 100% again. Anyway, I was given the okay to ride my ATV again so I plan do to so ASAP.

Right now I have a $5,000 ATV and a $40,000 hand - hopefully they'll both last me a few more years!
Take care,

See ya'll later on !

No comments:

Post a Comment