Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hi - Family & Friends !

Hello Everyone,

Hopefully I can get back to posting here on the blog and catching up on all the comings and goings of our family soon.

I did have my surgery, 7/30/2012.  After the hard brace initially given, I was given what I call the 'club' after the surgery. A week later they removed the 'club' bandages and I was given a softer brace and then the following week occupational therapy was begun. I am still in therapy and now they are ordering me a 'torture' brace !  I call it that even though it is actually called a dyno-brace.

Supposedly this thing will stretch my hand our (extension) for 30 minutes, then I reverse the procedure and it will stretch my hand out (flexion) for 30 minutes. I have to do this procedure (along with the other 15 exercises they have given me to do)  three times a day, every day.

I am telling you this dumb little fracture of the scaphoid bone on 5/12/2012 is TRULY a pain !

Time that I can't get back, and certainly Money that I can't get back, but worse of all the poor hubby has been forced to help me so much - I feel bad for him, really I do !!

But, I am on the road to recover and being as now I can use the thumb pretty good, I am thinking I can try to start catching up on this blog.

Hope everyone has had a nice summer - fall is around the corner for us all !
Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment